Specialties IT & Telco Procurement/Sourcing & Contract Management regionally and globally. Strategic Negotiations E-Procurement & Reverse auction tools, Procure To Pay Solutions (P2P) – SAP Ariba Contracts Management - Experience in managing large Global outsourcing contracts.
Total Work Experience :
Experience as a freelancer :
Total Experience in Procurement :
Languages with Professional working proficiency level :
English - Malay
Countries i can cover :
MBA2019-01-01 to 2020-12-01
University Of East London
Bachelor in Arts1996-03-01 to 1998-11-01
University of Bedfordshire
2013-11-01 To 2021-01-01
Vice President - Procurement & Contracts Management
Head of Procurement Department reporting into the group Chief Financial Officer (GCFO) of Astro Malaysia.
Managing all central procurement activities including direct and indirect commodities (spend base of circa RM 1 billion) within Astro business.
Managed a team of 18 Procurement personnel which includes 2 Assistant Vice Presidents and 1 Senior Assistant Vice President.
Involvement in high level negotiation in the procurement of goods and services.
Work closely with Business Units to understand their annual plan to ensure adequate resources and proper planning of sourcing and execution activities.
Establish controls and measures to minimize business and financial risk and exposure
Implement tactical and long term Procurement Strategy.
Manage supplier relationship and conduct periodic review on all aspect of supply base.
Negotiate and establish strategic contracts with key suppliers.
Participate in business unit project plan and budget to identify key deliverable areas.
Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all level of procurement activities.
To ensure all safety and health requirement are communicated and adhered to by staff.
Set KPI, supervise, evaluate and communicate staff performance periodically.
• Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer (GCFO)
• Restructured the entire Procurement department to commodity based sourcing/procurement to improve efficiency and buying expertise.
• Implementation of SAP Ariba Reverse Auction tool.
• Introduced and implemented e-bidding solution-Ariba as part of sourcing tool.
• Process efficiency by introducing automation to procurement process
• Achieved Procurement department savings of nearly RM 100 mil
2012-02-01 To 2013-11-01
Regional Contracts Negotiator
Supporting new business pursuits in the South Pac and Rest Of South East Asia (ROSEA) regions.
Opportunity value exceeding US$ 100mil to US$ 2 billion
Commercial and Contracting support for opportunities across various industries
Attend all, or some, client facing discussions/ negotiations to ensure bid consistency (i.e. assist the technical architect, HR, Pricing and Legal).
Work with the bid manager to Commercially, and Legally, review any document before it goes to the client.
Agree with HP Sales Lead the right approach for tactical negotiating and roll out to the bid team.
Provide Commercial and Legal advice (until a deal Lead Lawyer is assigned) to the bid team from OA SOAR onwards
Negotiate contracts with strategic partners/suppliers.
Legal and Commercial review of HP’s response to the Schedules/ Exhibits
Ensure that any early agreements (such as Side Letters, Letters of Intent, Teaming Agreement, etc) are in accordance with HP Policy
- Assist the bid team with HP Governance:
- assist with the Risk Module
- completion of the DAIR (from a Commercial and Legal point of view)
- assist the bid manager with internal escalations (from a commercial and legal point of view)
• Reporting to the Head, New Business Team Group
• Dotted line report to the Head Of Legal, APJ
• Negotiated a concluded the contract with Neptune Oriental Linear (NOL) Singapore. Deal size US$ 150 mil
2009-09-01 To 2012-02-01
Commercial & Contracts Manager
Contract & Commercial Management lead for Shell- End User Computing outsourcing deal covering Workspace, Service Desk, On-site support and Operational Integrator service
Managing contract value of US$ 1 billion
Covering Shell Global foot print of nearly 140 countries and 200 over legal entities which includes Americas, Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) regions
Shell Account Leadership Team member
Support the Shell account on the basis of agreed standards, a common toolset, a knowledge data base and owning Contract Change Management, Commercials Issue Management and Contract Deliverables Management with the objective to manage the commercial dimension of the account to support business goals with acceptable commercial risks enabling a long term IT partnership.
Provide Commercial consultancy and support to the account.
Provide HPES personnel with commercial advice (including in relations to pricing and processes, contract, delivery and other commercial or financial risks)
Manage and administer and prepare, as required, contractual documentations and correspondence between HPES and the client.
Attend meetings, negotiations and workshops with client personnel to represent HPES interest.
Dispute negotiations-Support the resolution of commercial issues between HPES and the client and other third parties.
Work closely with HPES business personnel to facilitate delivery of services in line with contract obligations.
When necessary work closely with lawyers from HPES legal affairs to analyse the client contract regarding obligations, disputes and opportunities.
When necessary work closely with HPES Supply Chain Management to establish back to back coverage of HPES obligations to its client for a variety of supplier/sub contractor agreements.
Provide governance oversight for the business as part of the overall CCM function, including compliance with HPES corporate policies and procedures.
Perform contractual and commercial risk assessments and devise mitigation strategies.
Support HPES teams engaged in pursuing new business with the client.
• Reporting to the Head, APJ Commercial Contract Management Group
• Dotted line report to the Account Executive who will provide guidance and supervision for the day to day activities
• HP Sales Award – recognition for account contribution/dedication i.e Contract Change Notice process improvement
• Performance rating for 2010– Exceeds Expectation
• DSA Network links – Commercial dispute with client on who bears network costs. Value for 2012 can go up to $20mil. Negotiated based on contract position. Client conceded and agreed to pay. Instrumental in this big win for HP and a major FY12 risk of US$20m removed.
• Cost Savings – Achieved more than US$ 50mil of cost saving for Year 2011 through commercial negotiations with client.
2007-01-01 To 2009-08-01
Commercial Manager - Global
Global Commercial lead for Infrastructure & Telecom commodity
Global Strategic Procurement covering 200 countries for BAT worldwide
Managing sourcing value of more than GBP 500 mil
Duties Include :
Sourcing/Procurement of IT infrastructure, Telecoms and IT services regionally and globally.
Procurement and negotiation of commercial relationship with suppliers using internal procurement function as appropriate.
Establishment and management of internal pricing and charging models in conjunction with the service Delivery Managers, audit contract scope, run-rates, workload and supplier costs.
Establish relationship with internal and external stakeholders whilst working closely with cross functional team.
Liaising with the service management function to support internal and external financial and quality audits, analyse and act on findings.
Manage all commercial contract changes, pricing mechanism and charging policies with suppliers to ensure that changing business needs for service are reflected in contractual commitments.
Manage the relationship between the contract terms and business objectives to provide BAT with competitive advantage.
Manage the contractual processes that decide any benefit sharing, service credits, open book reviews, benchmarking or other obligations to ensure BAT GSD gains the benefits that were intended during the negotiation.
Supplier relationship management – to identify vendor strategies to leverage and benefits through partnership and synergy.
Ensure all service and other cost proposal from the suppliers are commercially appropriate in order the business gets best value from suppliers.
Provide guidance to BAT GSD Management and the wider business community of the best method of using suppliers’ services and the benefits to be derived.
Advise BAT GSD Management of the contractual impact and risk of any changes in IT strategy so any benefits can be maximised or adverse impact minimised.
Create strategy papers for all new initiatives that could potentially benefits BAT GSD strategically or bring in cost savings.
Identifying the problem and improve the procurement process with a more proactive approach.
• Outsourcing of T2T3 Data Centre Globally with an initial transition on 52 End Markets. A project that was deemed not attractive as far as cost savings was concerned but rather the volume GSD will claim. Manage to turn this around through sourcing and negotiation strategy and bringing in a cost savings of nearly GBP 5 million over 5 years.
• VoIP project, a global implementation or VoIP technology worldwide to have a single vendor with better call rates. Jointly created strategy to breakdown project into three phases and managed to turn around to a positive business case. Initial investment needed to build infrastructure to VoIP enable, achieving positive NPV with cost savings of GBP 4 million over 5 years.
2005-08-01 To 2006-12-01
Assistant Manager - BCP
Lead for all Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for Maxis.
Run preventive BCP simulations
Contingency framework and risk analysis for Maxis.
Duties Include :
Development and Maintenance of Business Continuity Plans for Maxis.
To understand critical processes and identify risks associated with it.
To provide solutions to help manage the risk
Conducting BCP simulations across the company.
2001-09-01 To 2005-08-01
ISD IT Procurement lead
Malaysia, Indonesia and India
Covering IT spend of nearly RM 500 million
Indentified to lead the IT Procurement activity of Maxis joint venture in Indonesia.
Duties Include :
Purchasing Telco/Networks/IT related product for Maxis (Switches, Hardware & Software, Systems), dealing with vendors like Ericsson, Alcatel, Motorola, Siemens, Nortel, SAP, Dell, HP, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Cisco and etc.
Execution of sourcing process for local procurement
Conducting Major tenders, Conducts cost analysis and price negotiation and negotiate and manage contracts.
Prepare award recommendation presentations to the Minor and Major Tender Committee on award recommendation.
Identifying the problem in the procurement process and propose a solution for improvement.
To train and manage purchasing junior staff to ensure they meet KPI’s expected.
Analysing and advising the Senior Manager whether the tenders are fairly evaluated
To liaise with various department with regards to leasing , tax and legal
Benchmarking with International vendors and try to get a global discount structure for Maxis.
Formalise contractual arrangement
Contract Management-to take proactive action on maintenance renewal.
To consolidate and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date database on all information related to procurement so that information can be retrieved at any time for decision making purposes.
Fully responsible for the monthly KPI that contributes to the overall department KPI
Seconded to Indonesia on “Project Garden”- Maxis JV with Lippo for Natrindo Telepon Sellular. Conducted major tender and was part of the Commercial Evaluation team for IT/SPN tender worth USD280 million
• Negotiated favourable Terms with Partners / Vendors that significantly improved efficiency of services. Efforts resulted in major discounts with partner / vendor services.
• Negotiate long-term agreements with vendors, generating RM30M in annual savings. This is done with commercial negotiations where extensive benchmarking exercise is conducted
• Awarded with Department Award in year 2003 and 2005 for excellent contribution to Purchasing Department.
• Was rated “Outstanding” during performance appraisal for the past two consecutive years for contributing to Department goals
• Using financial tools - Conducting On-line bidding strategy using Ariba-Freemarkets software to achieve greater savings.
• Constructing Master contracts with Key vendors to cap higher corporate discount levels. Manage to secure some key Master contracts that was praised.
• Using consolidated purchase strategy to negotiate better terms and pricing from vendors.
• Project Garden- Maxis joint venture exercise in Indonesia, where a major tender was conducted for IT/SPN a total outsourcing project worth USD 280million where it resulted in a huge savings. Was part of the Commercial evaluation team seconded to Indonesia on a special request for 3 months, where we jointly manage to save nearly USD 100 million
• Conducted major tenders for key projects:
- Billing & Rating Migration- Saving of approximately RM 60million
- Seat management – Savings of approximately RM 12 million
- Server & Storage purchases- Savings of approximately RM 25million
2000-01-01 To 2001-08-01
Senior Manufacturing Executive
Duties Include :
Supervise and lead a team of operators in achieving the department’s output and quality through optimum utilisation of available resources and at minimum cost.
Plan and organise available equipment, materials and manpower to meet production schedules.
Collect, analyse information on a daily, weekly and monthly to make recommendations to superior and other relevant department on yield improvement and wastage reduction.
Maintain employee discipline with good housekeeping and safety.
Direct the flow of work to ensure it is in accordance to plan and recommend appropriate changes for improvement.
Liaison with SIRIM and Customs for goods clearance
Responsible to assign duties to production operators and to provide leadership to ensure teamwork.
• Achieved quality level expected (yield level).
• Meet production output and target set by management
• Initiate process improvements to achive a better production target.
• Established cross functional teamwork to meet company objectives
hasn't been Rated yetHire to Evaluate
I have an experie...
With total experi...